Do you want to know how to add captions to your Instagram story to make people stop and pay attention?
You can turn an everyday story into something extraordinary with Instagram captions. Let us show you how it’s done so you can take your Instagram content to the next level. Follow our guide on how to add captions to Instagram stories today!
What Are Instagram Stories?
Unlike YouTube, which hosts videos for life, Instagram Stories is a feature of the social networking app that allows users to share photos and video content that expires after 24 hours. The stories appear separate from the user’s main feed and are visible to anyone who follows the user. On top of it, users can add text, stickers, and filters to their photos and videos.
The idea for Instagram Stories came about during a brainstorming session in 2016 when Instagram employees were trying to think of ways to encourage users to share more content. The team decided to borrow some features from Snapchat, such as ephemerality and the ability to add filters and stickers.
However, they also wanted to make sure that the experience was distinctly Instagram-esque, so they added features like the ability to sew multiple clips together and choose from various photo and video formats.
The Instagram Stories feature was launched in August 2016 and was initially met with some backlash from users who felt it was too similar to Snapchat. However, it still became one of the most popular features on Instagram.
There are two ways to add Instagram captions to your video stories, depending on your preference: auto-generated or self-written. With the former, a computer program generates descriptions based on pre-determined parameters using speech recognition software. With the latter, you’ll need to type them on your own, and this feature is known as an Instagram captions sticker. This feature now works exceptionally well, as it was a total mess earlier, having to use a third-party app to do so!
Bonus: You can now also add captions to Instagram Reels.
Step-by-Step Guide to Add Closed-Captions on Your Mobile Device for an Instagram Story
- First, open the Instagram app and tap on the “Stories” icon. Then, add your video.
- Once you’ve added your story, tap on the “Aa” icon at the top of the screen. This will bring up the keyboard so you can type in your caption.
- When adding captions to your Instagram stories, adjust the font size, color, and alignment as needed to create the desired look.
- Be sure to keep them short and sweet! You don’t want to distract the users from the images or videos included in your story with too much text.
- Also, don’t forget to use emojis to make your stories more attractive! They can help add some personality to your captions and help grab your audience’s attention.
And that’s it! You’ve now added accurate captions to your Instagram story. Be sure to experiment with different caption fonts and sizes to see which works best for you and your viewers.
Step-by-Step Guide to Add Auto-Generated Captions Using an Android or iPhone
If you want to add engaging captions to your Instagram stories and, at the same time, don’t want to type them out on your own, you can use the auto-generated captions feature. This is an excellent option if you’re short on time or unsure what to say. However, the auto-captions feature is available exclusively in English and English-speaking countries.
- To use this feature, open the Instagram app and tap on the “Stories” icon. Then, add your video.
- Once you’ve added your story, tap on the sticker icon. The sticker icon will bring up a list of options for adding auto-captions to your story. Tap on “captions.”
- Choose a font, size, color, and location for captions that fit your aesthetic and complement your photos or video.
- After you hit done, Instagram will automatically generate engaging captions for your story. You can then edit them as needed or use them as is.
Using the auto-generate feature, you’ve now added automatic video captions to your Instagram story.
Read more: How To Use Video Transcription
Why Add Captions to IG Stories?
You might want to add Instagram story captions for a few reasons. First, it can help grab your audience’s attention and make them more likely to stop and watch your story.
Second, adding a caption can help highlight the key points or takeaways from your story. This is especially helpful if you’re sharing a long or complicated story.
Third, captions can add personality to your stories and help them stand out.
More specifically, captions on IG stories are essential for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have their phones on silent. They provide information about what’s being said and allow those in a hurry to preview before committing to watching the whole thing.
And finally, closed captioning can help make your stories more accessible to a broader audience as they can automatically be transcribed.
Tips for Creating Engaging and Compelling IG Stories Captions
Stories are an integral part of Instagram. They disappear after 24 hours, which creates a sense of urgency and excitement around them. And because they’re so temporary, people are likelier to watch them without overthinking. That’s why it’s essential to create engaging and compelling IG stories captions that will grab people’s attention and make them want to watch your story.
Here are some tips:
1. Use strong verbs and action words to describe what’s happening in your story. This will help to engage the viewer and keep them interested.
2. Use emojis to add personality and visual interest to your caption. However, don’t go overboard – a few well-placed emojis will suffice.
3. Keep your captions short and sweet. People have short attention spans, so ensure you communicate your point quickly and efficiently.
By following these tips, you can create IG stories captions that are both engaging and compelling – perfect for grabbing people’s attention and getting them to watch your story.
Why Choose Ditto Transcripts?
Captions are a great way to add context and personality to your Instagram Stories. They help people who have their phones on silent or those who are hard of hearing communicate with their followers more personally.
Offering a written transcription of your videos can expand your audience reach and increase opportunities. Ditto Transcripts provides industry leading transcription services with affordable rates and a money-back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, then you pay nothing.
Plus, we are a U.S.-based company that hires and uses experienced U.S. transcriptionists – specializing in various industries. Each of our transcriptionists must pass a criminal background check and have experience in the industry.
What are you waiting for? Please take advantage of our free trial offer and receive a professional, accurate transcript.