Know that legal transcription prices run between $1.50 and $5.00 per audio minute. Factors determining actual price include the number of speakers, audio quality and the turnaround times required.
Hold on. What do the categories above mean?
- Single-person narrative or standard one-on-one interview recorded in digital format (i.e., note taking for active or even prospective cases you may be working on).
- You can dictate outside the courtroom once a hearing is over using our smartphone app and we can have it transcribed for you that same day or in a few days.
- A one-on-one interview could be with your client or even a deposition preparation meeting with your client. These would also include any other official or unofficial two-person meeting or interview.
- Any audio with a total of three or more people, any audio with significant noise in the background, and any audio that has voices that are difficult to understand (i.e., poor recording, soft voices, etc.).
- These could be official depositions with your client and the opposing attorney or a conference call with two other attorneys discussing a case, presentations dealing with highly scientific terminology or very thick accents; and panel discussions, focus groups, conference calls or seminars with multiple participants.
Court hearings will most likely also fall into this category as well.
Significant audio would be anything that can affect the audio quality on our end making it take longer to transcribe because we can’t hear the participants very well. Loud background noise would be music, wind or the sound of the street outside coming through an open window.
Please call for an accurate quote and same day pricing. These are very hard to determine without hearing the actual audio.
Certified transcription services over in-house is fair and just.
At law firms, junior paralegals and seasoned paralegals are often asked to do transcribing. It’s not exactly their forte. The untrained paralegal often requires 8 or 10 hours just to transcribe a 60-minute file, whereas our transcriptionists can do the same file in half the time and guarantee 99% accuracy. You have to believe their time is better spent with the responsibilities they were trained for.
It’s a similar story for courtrooms. Our nationwide team of certified legal transcriptionists have faster turnaround times and can complete tasks at 40% or 60% the cost of your court reporter.
The verdict on who to go with should be clear at this point.
Some things to note:
For same-day service, please call for the most accurate legal transcription prices as there are factors to be considered before pricing your project.
Ditto Transcripts has the right to increase our legal transcription rates at any time without any prior obligation due to poor audio files, verbatim transcription and more. Audio difficulties may be construed as poor quality, in-and-out fading, low-speaking voices, muffled background noises, speakers from long distances, etc. Do know that we will inform you ahead of time of any rate increase before proceeding with your file(s).
The legal transcription rates listed above do NOT include state of Colorado DMV transcripts. The legal transcription pricing for state of Colorado DMV transcripts is $3.50/page.
So, let’s get started. Call us about pricing at 720-287-3710. We’re open between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday.
Ready for easier, more accurate transcription?
Ask us anything about transcriptions.
Accuracy. Turnaround times. Delivery. Anything.