After recording interviews and shooting the essential scenes, the next biggest challenge for documentary makers is reviewing hours of raw video footage. Before a film is finalized, the collected video material must be sorted, labeled, and arranged accordingly, which could take forever if done manually without any documentary transcriptions to help you.
If you’re under a tight deadline, the most efficient way to handle hours of interview footage is to get a written transcript of your recordings. Having one will help you quickly identify sound bites, edit sequences, and develop the final storyline.
If your team needs general transcription services, look no further than Ditto Transcripts. Our professional team of US based transcribers will help lessen your post-production woes by providing accurate transcripts of your video files at lightning-fast speeds and at the most affordable prices.
The Many Benefits of Documentary Transcription
Access to a high-quality transcription of your video files will help streamline the documentary production process and ensure that your content is accessible to a wide range of audiences.
Here are several more ways transcription assists documentary filmmakers.
It saves time and expedites the production process
A written record of documentary interviews can save filmmakers plenty of time. Instead of watching and rewatching the entire video, they can quickly find what they need with a searchable document. All they need to do is type in a keyword to locate the specific section where the term they’re looking for was mentioned.
A documentary interview transcription also helps producers, editors, and directors increase their familiarity with the recorded material. It gives them the full context of what was said in the interviews, allowing them to identify the most important segments. If requested, Ditto Transcripts can assign time codes and time stamps to your transcripts to serve as references, ensuring that information is well within your reach.
In other words, hiring a documentary transcription service won’t have you switching between viewing and editing videos during the post-production stage.
Improves accessibility and user experience
Transcripts increase the reach of your documentary films by making them accessible to a more diverse audience, and can easily be made into closed captions using SRT files.
They also serve as a precursor to closed captioning, which can help viewers with hearing impairments, ADHD, or auditory processing disorders understand your content better. Accurate captions also aid the comprehension of audiences who are non-native speakers of the language used in a documentary.
That’s why captions and subtitles have become a must have addition to video content on a range of platforms. It also promotes inclusive content that meets the different needs of viewers.
Moreover, a transcribed documentary facilitates the translation process. Global audiences can consume a translated film, boosting its reach and viewership many times over.
Allows people to watch anywhere
The last decade has seen a shift in how people consume content, an important consideration when producing films.
Nowadays, people prefer watching videos on their mobile devices, sometimes on mute (particularly for viewers using public transport, at the gym working out, parents rocking children to sleep, etc.), highlighting the significance of adding closed captions to your films and making written versions of them available to the public.
The Ditto Transcripts Difference
Our company provides the highest level of professional transcription services to ensure a 100% client satisfaction rate. Ditto Transcripts offers:
- Human-powered transcripts: We believe nothing beats the human touch. Our skilled human transcribers can handle even the most complicated transcriptions better than any automatic speech recognition software could.
- Unmatched accuracy rating: Accuracy in transcription is our priority. Once delivered, your transcripts are ready to be shared or printed. No need for final grammar or spelling checks. We’ve done all that for you already.
- Customized transcripts: We offer transcription services tailored to your needs. Does your video project need verbatim transcripts or time coding? Let us know your requirements, and we’ll follow them to a T.
- Quick turnarounds: Our transcription services are lightning-fast. We guarantee a 24-48 hours turnaround time for rush requests.
- Affordable prices: Perfect transcripts don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. That’s why we offer our documentary transcription at a reasonable price, starting at $1.50 per audio minute.
- Confidentiality of files: Our transcribers sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements before starting work for us. Before onboarding, they also undergo extensive screening, testing, and criminal background checks.
- Topnotch customer service: As one of the fastest-growing transcription companies online, customer satisfaction is our top priority. Our customer support specialists are dedicated to answering any of your queries via phone or email.
- Free trial: If you’d like to take us for a test drive, you can try us out using our free trial—no credit card required.
Ditto Transcripts is Your Reliable Documentary Transcription Partner
If your team needs a hassle-free documentary transcription service, Ditto Transcripts is here to help. Our skilled transcribers will deliver accurate transcripts that adhere to your requested format and turnaround time, so you can skip post-production headaches.
Curious? Call us for more information, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our affordable transcription services. You may reach us at (720) 287-3710. We are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time (Denver Colorado).
Satisfied transcription service seekers 101. (Not a real course, just real clients).
We take all your good words seriously.
Even the ones describing us.
Great service, company, and work! We have been using this company for years to get transcriptions done for research projects. They always provide competitive rates, super quick responses, and amazing turnaround times. They are a pleasure to work with, and I refer everyone to them when they are looking for transcription services.
Great job: fast turnaround, incredibly accurate,
Ditto Transcripts is transparent about how they operate and can show proof about every claim they make like insurance, security, and compliance. And my investigators were able to be out in the field instead of typing interview transcripts all day.
Great work! The best transcription!!! Prompt and accurate transcription.
The setup process and working with Ditto is easy. They truly feel like an extension of our team.
Ready for easier, more accurate transcription?
Ask us anything about transcriptions.
Accuracy. Turnaround times. Delivery. Anything.